This contest is now over.
To be eligible, you must be a verifiable legal resident of Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia at the start of the Contest Period
Rules & Regulations
THE RUSH 2014 MONTREAL GRAND PRIX CONTEST
Enter for a chance to WIN a trip for two (2) to the 2014 Montreal Grand Prix!
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF CANADA OR ARE NOT OF OR OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS LIMITED TO ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
1. THE RUSH 2014 MONTREAL GRAND PRIX CONTEST (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on August 23rd, 2013 (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends at 8:59:59 p.m. EDT on November 10th, 2013 (the “Contest Close Date”), (the period starting on the Contest Start Date and ending on the Contest Close Date being hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Entertainment One Films Canada Inc. and Rockstar Inc., (collectively referred to as the “Sponsors”), which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the Grand Prize, as defined below, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2. To be eligible, you must be a verifiable legal resident of Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia at the start of the Contest Period. Entrants (“Entrant” or “Entrants”) must be of or over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the start of the Contest Period. Officers, directors and employees of the Sponsors, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such Promotional Entities are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the Grand Prize.
How to Enter
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, during the Contest Period, go online to www.facebook.com/rockstarcanada (the "Contest Website"). Entrants register by filling out the contest entry form provided. Upon completion and submission of all items requested in the contest entry form, you will automatically receive one entry (an “On-Line Entry(ies)” ) and be entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize. The Selected Entrant, as defined below, will be selected on or about November 20th, 2013 and will be notified on or about December 4th, 2013.
Entry Limitation and Verification
4. Each Entrant is limited to one (1) On-line Entry. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. All On-Line Entries are subject to verification and may be disqualified if they are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, irregular, submitted through illicit means, not original to the Entrant, or if they contain any false statements or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or with any website, including but not limited to the Contest Website, connected with the Contest.
Dispute Regarding Identity of Entrant
6. If the identity of the Selected Entrant, as hereinafter defined, is disputed, the On-Line Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder”. The individual assigned to the email address is considered to be the Authorized Account Holder. The Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected On-Line Entry.
7. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won (the “Grand Prize”) as follows: One (1) Grand Prize, consisting of a trip for two (2) for the Grand Prize Winner, as defined below, and his/her “Travel Partner” to the 2014 Montreal Grand Prix in Montreal, Quebec., including round trip economy airfare for two (2) to Montreal, Quebec, Canada, if required, two (2) nights hotel accommodation (one (1) standard room, double occupancy), if required, and access for two (2) to attend the Montreal Grand Prix on [enter date]. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,500.00 CAD. Travel dates will be June 13th, 2014 to June 15th, 2014. All other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to: ground transportation; meals; airport taxes; telephone, fax or cable charges; personal services and expenses such as laundry, valet, room service; gratuities; optional tours; insurance; medical travel documents; and other incidental costs and any other costs not specifically stated herein as being included, are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the departure point as the Grand Prize originates and terminates there. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner are responsible for all required medical and travel related necessities (including inoculations if required) and documentation. A valid major credit card must be presented upon check-in**. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner must travel together. If the Travel Partner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must also sign a Consent and Release form. Grand Prize Winner and Travel Partner must travel on the trip dates specified. The Grand Prize trip dates will be subject to the date of the 2014 Montreal Grand Prix, to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Due to the nature of the Grand Prize, no alternative travel dates are available. The Sponsors reserve the right to select airline(s) and accommodation(s) at their sole discretion. The Sponsors and their associates will not be responsible if event cancellations or other factors beyond their reasonable control prevent the Grand Prize or any part of the Grand Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Grand Prize winner will not be provided with a substitute or cash equivalent for the Grand Prize, or any such part of the Grand Prize. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,500.00 CAD plus applicable taxes based on Toronto departure. The Grand Prize Winner will work with the Sponsors, or a third party travel agent of Sponsors’ choice, to schedule the trip. If the total dollar value of the Grand Prize is less than $2,500.00 CAD, the difference will not be refunded to the Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner will forfeit such difference. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner assume responsibility for any and all damages, losses or injuries of any kind that may arise while traveling. Hotel accommodations subject to availability and air travel scheduling subject to seat availability. Actual retail value will vary based on departure point of the Grand Prize Winner.
**Hotel may require that the Grand Prize Winner or Travel Partner possess and submit a major North American credit card in good standing at the time of registration; otherwise a cash deposit may be required.
It is recommended that the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel must be taken on the dates surrounding the Film premiere to be determined solely by the Sponsors. The Grand Prize will not be rescheduled or substituted once reserved.
The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner will be required to travel together, on the same itinerary.
8. The Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, transportation, food and beverages, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Travel Partner. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-refundable, non-transferable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen, and is not convertible to cash. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute the Grand Prize, or any part thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Grand Prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation a cash award, if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
9. On or about November 20th, 2013 in Toronto, Ontario at 12:00 pm EST, a random draw from all eligible On-Line Entries received will take place at 145 King Street by a representative of the Sponsors. One (1) On-Line Entry will be drawn at random (a “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
10. The Selected Entrant will be contacted using the phone number and/or email address provided in the On-Line Entry within two (2) business days of the random draw date as noted in Section 9 and will be advised (by voice-mail or e-mail message if necessary) of their eligibility and other requirements in order to be confirmed the winner of the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize Winner”). The Selected Entrant will have two (2) business days to respond to such phone or email contact, providing a day-time phone number where the Selected Entrant can be contacted in order for Selected Entrant to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time. A Selected Entrant who does not respond to the phone or email contact within two (2) business days or does not successfully answer the skill-testing question will forfeit his/her eligibility for the Grand Prize.
Winner Verification & Publicity/Liability Release
11. To be confirmed the Grand Prize Winner, a Selected Entrant who has satisfied the eligibility requirements herein will be required to sign a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability Release and a Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release Document”) on his/her behalf. The Declaration and Release Document must be received by the Sponsors by email, fax or regular mail within three (3) business days of notification of the Grand Prize. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted at any time, or is contacted but, due to the Selected Entrant’s inability to satisfy the eligibility requirements set out in these Official Rules, such Selected Entrant will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be forfeited by that Selected Entrant and may be awarded to an alternate Selected Entrant who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Official Rules. If the Sponsors so elect, the winner of the Grand Prize may be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Promotion Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion Entities as determined by the Sponsors in its sole discretion.
12. By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other rights which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsors and the Selected Entrant, the Selected Entrant (and his or her guests, as applicable) irrevocably grant the Promotion Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use the Selected Entrant’s (and, as applicable, his or her guests’) names, likenesses, and biographical information, comments, city and province/territory of residence, and photographs in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as on the website of the contest or other promotions, and hereby releases the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
13. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant or purported Entrant it finds to be: (a) violating these Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website connected to the Contest, including but not limited to the Contest Website; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an Entrant, purported Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Contest, including but not limited to the Contest Website, or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
14. The Sponsors are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular entries, or for any entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error.
15. The Sponsors are not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Official Rules, other Contest-related information, including printing or advertising, and other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest.
16. Sponsors are not responsible for any: failure of the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure of any email to be transmitted or received; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or in-store computer kiosk or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an Entrant's or purported Entrant’s computer or to any other individual's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Contest.
Protection Of Personal Information
17. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. By entering the Contest, Entrants consent to the collection and use of their personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest by the Sponsors in accordance with applicable Canadian privacy laws.
18. By entering, Entrants acknowledge that the Sponsors may communicate with Entrant via email and/or telephone with respect to communicating the results of the Contest.
19. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
20. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate the Contest or the Official Rules at any time, without notice, and for any reason. If the Contest is terminated, in whole or in part, before the designated date, Sponsors reserve the right to select the Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect On-Line Entries received as of the Contest Close Date. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
21. All Entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with the Selected Entrant and confirmed Grand Prize Winner.
22. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that the Promotion Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including grave bodily injury or death) resulting from participation in the Contest or in any Contest related activity, or from Entrant’s acceptance, receipt, and participation and/or use or misuse of or in the Grand Prize, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Grand Prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and/or city/province of residence by the Sponsors, or any party authorized by the Sponsors, for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide and in any and all media without additional notice or compensation, where imposing such condition is legal. The Grand Prize will only be awarded to the verified Selected Entrant. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Contest Website or otherwise participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the Grand Prize or in the Grand Prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Contest. In the event the Sponsors are prevented from awarding the Grand Prize or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate on-line entry if technical difficulties compromise the integrity or ability to continue on-line entry. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
23. Facebook shall not be responsible in any way for the use of, or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to, the Grand Prize awarded in this Contest or the events forming part of this Contest.
For Quebec residents:
24. Any dispute regarding the organization of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
1 day ago: @mattgoerke putting in the practice laps before round 3 in Baltimore! @rockstar_otsff @arenacross #ArenaCross https://t.co/usDh8qmP8P see full story
1 day ago: @mattgoerke putting in the practice laps before round 3 in Baltimore! @rockstar_otsff @arenacross #ArenaCross see full story
1 day ago: It's official, the wait is over! Pure Zero Lemonade & Watermelon along with Revolt Killer Grape & Killer Citrus are now available nation wide and coming to... see full story
2 days ago: Grab your Lancers, waves of Horde are coming! The Rockstar Energy Horde Challenge starts today. Play #GearsofWar4... https://t.co/ImudIzJWER see full story
2 days ago: Grab your Lancers, waves of Horde are coming! The Rockstar Energy Horde Challenge starts today. Play #GearsofWar4 now to earn in-game content packs and the... see full story
2 days ago: Grab your Lancers, waves of Horde are coming! The Rockstar Energy Horde Challenge starts today. Play #GearsofWar4... https://t.co/VxZ6RCHe8u see full story
3 days ago: All eyes on our #WCW @kelseyelisexo the newest edition to our @rockstarenergymodels squad 🔥🔥 #HumpDay https://t.co/2ASihFwfpu see full story
3 days ago: All eyes on our #WCW @kelseyelisexo the newest edition to our @rockstarenergymodels squad 🔥🔥 #HumpDay see full story
3 days ago: Get Ready to Gear Up for the @GearsOfWar Rockstar Energy Horde Challenge starting 1/19!!! #GearsOfWar4 @Xbox https://t.co/JjSAL93oq1 see full story
3 days ago: Get Ready to Gear Up for the @GearsOfWar Rockstar Energy Horde Challenge starting 1/19!!! #GearsOfWar4 @Xbox see full story
4 days ago: Big shout out to @mcrae_williams for taking the top spot in the @sfrfreestyletour in Front Romeu, France and... https://t.co/0gMG4wWVSs see full story
4 days ago: Big shout out to @mcrae_williams for taking the top spot in the @sfrfreestyletour in Front Romeu, France and @hay_bells with the 3rd place finish!... see full story